mirror bifold hardware replacement

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,

I am looking for replacement parts to replace mirror bifold door hardware. Original parts, as shown in pictures, would be ideal, but I am open to alternatives. As you can see the top pivot is bent. I would greatly appreciate if you can help with identifying part and an advice.

Thanks,
Oleg
User submitted photos of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have a Paniflex door that uses a 23-099 center spring-loaded guide pin and a 23-100 top spring-loaded pivot. Does that sound like all the parts you need?
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
WOW! this is my exact door and the exact part i need on the left. Does it only come in one measurement?

Thanks

Julie
bifold roller
Profile picture of Paul
Hi there, Julie. As long as the top nylon bushing is 3/4", our 23-099 center spring loaded roller should be your replacement part.
A quick learner from Jersey says:
Thanks, I ordered it and it is perfect. Super fast shipping!!
A handy person from Alton Bay NH says:
I'm looking for a replacement sliding block that the centerfold top of the bifold wood door fits into. It's just a small plastic square piece with the hole/slot that the upper pin fits into and slides along the track when opening and closing.

Seems like a standard piece but I haven't found one yet.

Any help?
Profile picture of Paul

Look at the 23-130 top guide that was used by Stanley, as well as the 23-146 guide that was used by many wood closet door companies.

A quick learner from New York says:
Dear Sir or Madam:

I need that piece but I need the RH and LH for mine doors. I need the part for the RH and LH. I recently ordered part number 23-141 and 23-142 but they are not the same it looks the same on your website.

Kindly assist with the right part. Thank you

Joe,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This does look like the 23-141 and 23-142 to my eye. Can you go into more detail as to why they didn't work? 

A quick learner from New York says:
When I ordered the 23-141 and 23-142 the round piece is thinner and it doesn't have the spring that mine photo I sent in. Also, when I placed the piece on the door your piece 23-141 and 23-142 don't face flat on the door because there is a piece that stick out. See attached photo of your piece which has a piece that sticks out and I can't lay flat down on the door. Then see a photo of mine piece that doesn't have it.
Profile picture of Paul

Perhaps I can be of assistance. The 23-141 and 23-142 is for a 1/2" track. You will need the 23-099 with the 3/4" nylon guide. The manufacturer did away with the left and right and placed the nylon guide in the middle. The metal bracket lays flat on top of the door without the additional bend. Please compare to confirm. 

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
I have the same problem that our friend from New York has, but he never showed his pictures. So here's a picture of my hardware. My part's on the left, and my 23-141 (purchased August 2023) is on the right. It won't sit right on my door.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LScott 2.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

As mentioned previously in this thread, the 23-141 and 23-142 are used with a 1/2" track. You'll need the 23-099 with the 3/4" nylon guide. The manufacturer did away with the left and right orientation and placed the nylon guide in the middle. The metal bracket lays flat on top of the door without the additional bend. Review the specifications below and see what you think. 

Dimensions for 23-099
Dimensions for 23-099

Profile view of 23-099
Profile view of 23-099

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.