need assistance in identifying replacement channel balance

A home owner from MD says:
my channel is 28.5 inches long but the marking on it shows "27 1/2 3
". I've attached pictures of the channel that was taken out. Please help identifying correct replacement part. I would like to order 2 for a window.

thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2_length 28.5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4_winged top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5_winged bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3_marking_width.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6_bottom depth.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We can replace this balance for you, but it will have to be a custom order due to its unique length. Please make sure that the attachments on your old balance match the 19-005 and 15-005, which are the attachments of the Series 380 Channel Balance. If they differ, let me know. Otherwise I am going to send you a custom link to order a pair of these Series 380 balances with your needed length. Let me know if you need a different amount, or have any other questions.

Hey Bob,

hopefully the uploaded picture of the channel balance shoe shows but the measured depth isn't quite 1 inch (15-005). More like 7/8 inch. Is that negligible or does that require a different one?

thanks again for your assistance !!
Profile picture of Bob

OK, thanks for letting me know! The 7/8" actually does make a difference and is a different shoe, our 15-029. I am sending you an updated custom link reflecting the addition of this shoe. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Ordered and received the replacement parts timely and installed them without issue. They were perfect fit.

thank you for your assistance !!
Profile picture of Bob

Great! Glad I could help you. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks for your business, we appreciate it.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)