need crank and cover for window operator

A quick learner from Charlotte says:
The operator is grey metal and has a marking that looks like with a triangle overtop of a line on it. The operator spline piece is on the left side. There is a number on it, but it is extreamly hard to read, the best I can tell it sais ?198?420 best guess maybe a 4 and 7 respectively for the ?. The window was ordered custom from home depot.

Please let me know if you have any info.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello. Just by description, there is not much I can tell you about your hardware. With you mentioning that the window was a custom made part, I can't say for sure whether or not the hardware was custom made for the window as well. But, we'd still like to do our best to help if we can. Is there any way you can forward us over some photos of the pieces in question? We'd like to have a look to see if we can offer a suggestion on a replacement. 

Here are some photos, I hope this helps...
When I say custom, I mean semi-custom. The window was ordered from home depot and is American Craftsman.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200313_064028.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200313_064033.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200313_064040.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200313_063945.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200313_064013.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Semi-custom in this industry usually still means custom, unfortunately. There may be a chance we can't help. I'll do my best.

The good news is that your pictures are getting us on the right track. We have several operators with this same style base. The base only tells half the story, though. In order to narrow it down further, we'll need you to open the window as far as it can go and show me a clear top-down photo of the whole mechanism, including the arms. 

Honestly, seeing the operator fully removed from the window would be best. That way we won't have to worry about any important details being obstructed.

Ok, so I finally found a crank that could open the window. the other ones I found were too small. so I'm guessing this is a 3/8"?

Anyways, attached are the pictures of the open window.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200328_142236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200329_111556.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200329_111604.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200328_142220.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200328_142230.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You have an old style Ashland operator which might not be available anymore. We couldn't find these anywhere, at least. That said, I do have a few suggestions. 

Take a look at the 39-239B operator first. This looks similar to yours, but to get it to work you would also need to use the 39-536 pivot shoes along with the 39-556 track and 39-451 handle cover. The only doubt I have is whether you have the room and spacing to install the track or clearance for the 39-536 pivot shoes. 

Another operator that's similar is the 39-083 and a 39-170 sash bracket, which looks similar to yours.

Lastly we have the 39-393 which takes the 39-340 sash bracket. 

I personally have not replaced your type of operator and I'm not sure if the types I recommended could be used. However they are, I believe, the best options we have. 

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.