need help identifying wool strips, weatherstrip

A quick learner from El Paso says:
hello. I think the weatherstrip in the picture is closest to Kerf Mount Bubble Seal, 3/8" Product Code: 58-114.

The wool pile, however, I cannot seem to figure out how to remove. The windows is aluminum and doesn't appear to come apart, so I cannot slide the wool pile strip off from either end. Also, there are two small felt/wool pieces inserted into both sides of the sash next to the wool pile ends, the weatherstrip is cut to NOT go into the areas with the felt/wool strips. Please advise. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see what you mean. This wool pile is kind of installed in the frame itself. I always hate when window makers do this. I guess they never thought you'd ever need new wool pile? I don't get it.

Either way, it's not impossible. One trick I've used in the past is to run a straight edge razor along the wool pile as it sits in the channel. This will kind of bisect it into pieces and allow you to pull it out in strips. Then you'd get the new pile, push one half of the base into the channel, then use a firm, flat tool like a paint scraper to force the other half of the base in.

It's not elegant, and it will make the old sample hard to measure, but I think it will work for you.

Another idea would be to make a cut in the slot at the end of the channel where the wool pile sits and see if you can kinda pull it out that way. Then you will have an undamaged sample to measure.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.