need replacement channel balances

A handy person from St. Louis, mo says:
I need to replace some Jordan window channel balances. House built in 1996. The windows are 30 " tall. The channel balances are 30" long from the plastic tips at both ends. The windows are stamped "Jordan A 96" , the existing channel balance markings are a little faded, but I think they're marked "28 3 IO Caldwell". I also need some replacement spring clips. Do you have this product? Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help, but we will need more information to get started. Can you show me a picture of the top and bottom plastic tips that you mentioned? The combination of those tips will determine the Series.

I also recommend double checking the length of the metal channel. Based on your stamp, it should be 29", not 30".

Yes, the metal channel, alone, is 29 inches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0843.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0844.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0845.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! These pictures are a huge help. I was able to narrow it down to just two products: either our S390-29 or S351-29. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon fitting (the one in your second photo). The S390-29 has a 1-1/8 deep bottom fitting and the S351-29 has a 1" deep bottom fitting. You need to measure your depth to confirm the better choice.

The nylon fitting is about 1 1/16 inch deep. (see photo)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0853.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! In that case, I think our S390-29 is the best option. Your bottom fitting was probably 1-1/8" originally and simply wore down over time. 

Thanks...will order today.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.