need replacement part

A home owner from 32043 says:
is this enough info?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid this is not enough information. We need to see top nylon fitting. We also need to have more information on top sash guide. I'd like to see photos of it from the front. In addition, please provide dimensions. Be as precise with those measurements as possible. Lastly, what is the metal clip shown in the photos? What is its purpose? Get back to us and let us know.

The metal clip was attached to the black plastic piece in the same picture. It was attached to the window track. Perhaps the last owner did some non-standard rigging? I've attached a few more pictures. This is at my daughter's house about an hour away. I can measure the window as well as the counter weights next time I go there. Do you need the window height and width or just the length of the counterweight? Can you tell the part number by what is stamped into the side of the one on the original pic?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1084.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1085.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1086.JPG
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for the additional photos and information. For your balance, please take a look at both our S351-29 and S390-29. To me, these look almost identical to what you need. The difference between both of these lie within the bottom balance shoe. You will need to measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below, to determine which balance would make the best match. Whichever one chosen will use a 2840 option. As for the top sash guide, we'd still need to see more photos of it from different angles, to be able to suggest a replacement. We'd also need detailed measurements of the guide, so please make sure to write the measurements out rather than submitting photos of the part along a tape measure so that we can have precise measurements to go off of. 

Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Paul, thanks for your patience. The parts above do not look like the part that I need. Please let me try again. I'm looking for the nylon piece that attaches to the window frame to keep the top of the balance from protruding up the vertical groove in the window.

my original picture (with the brown wood in the background) shows the exact part that has become broken.

THe balance and the bottom shoe seems to be intact. THe measurement of the bottom shoe (to answer your question) is 1 1/8 x 9/16 x 1, so most similar to 15001 in your pic.

img 9 shows the good side of the window with the piece that I need intact. Img 10 shows this same side, same part, but zoomed out so that you can see how it attaches. The metal clip that is part of this piece has a screw going through it and the nylon stop into the window frame. Img 11 is a top down view of same part. img 12 is the bad side showing the broken piece removed.

THe grove that this piece goes in is 7/8 inch wide and 5/8 inch deep. THe length of this groove up the side of the windwow is 29 5/8 to the shorter side of the frame and 30 1/16 to the longer side of the frame.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0911.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0910.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0909.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Great. So with these photos it now looks like you are looking for a top sash guide with the metal bracket. In taking a closer look at your first photo, we need to know the length, width, and depth of the black and metal piece. May we also have you supply us with another photo showing the complete black guide itself? 

As for the balance, look over the S390-29 that we previously mentioned to you to see if this is compatible with yours.

i put measurements on the attached folder. Hopefully we now have enough info for a part number that will work. Thanks again for help with this most frustrating part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top sash guide 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top sash guide 1.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for getting back to us with more photos and information. Unfortunately, we have not been successful in locating your exact top sash guide. The closest match we have is our 18-052. Its measurements are very close with yours. However, it will not have the extra metal angle, but I will say that it is strong enough to hold up your balance. The last thing I want to mention is that this guide is only available in the color white, but can be painted if you decide to want to alter the color in any way. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.