need slanted keeper

A quick learner from Ohio says:
What lock can be used with keeper 90-170? I would like to somewhat match the color, I wish to install additional lock sets to my windows, and the keeper has to be slanted. Thanks tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There are a bunch of different locks that can theoretically work with this keeper. I can't really say what you have without more information. 

Can you show me a picture of your original lock? Can you also tell me the hole center spacing and the hole center offset? With those details we can see if any of our locks are compatible with your window.

Hi: My wenco windows are 74x32. The top sash on nearly all the windows drop about half an inch after locking, some of the keepers are bent out of shape. I am wanting to put new locks on each side of the sash to help keep the windows in place. I have adjusted the friction shoe's but still get a drop. I believe the window are just too heavy, which is why i want more locks, hopefully close in color to the originals.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us! We're definitely closer to finding a match, but I cannot determine what your hole spacing is from these photos. It's hard to tell with just a ruler held up to the part. I have narrowed down the list of possible replacement options to our 90-274 or 90-278. Look these over and see what you think.

This is only a temporary solution, though. If your windows are drooping, then the balance springs are likely the issue. It's not that your sash is too heavy, it's that your springs have grown too weak from age and use. You mentioned friction shoes. Are these wood windows? If so, a local mill work should be able to help you replace your balances.

these are tilt wood windows vinyl exteriors, with plastic jambs. There are long springs connected to the shoes 20-022. Do you sell the springs? or know where i could get them? The 90-278 looks like the best match for locks, but need the slanted keeper of the same color, or could I paint them.
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I thought so. I'm afraid we cannot replace these springs. They're actually built into the jamb liner itself, which is why we cannot supply them. If you take one of your jamb liners and a sash to a local mill work, they should be able to make new jamb liners for you.

We cannot provide the keeper in alternate colors, but the white lock can be painted.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.