need to replace 18 balances - need to verify choice

A home owner from Bonita Springs, Florida says:
I need to replace 18 channel balances, non-tilt, 11" , sash weight 16 lbs, appear to be 385 series. in your catalogue, the 385-11 seems to have a max wight of 12 lbs. I enclose photos and a photo of the stamp which seems to read: CSxxx-9 JA5 CMC. Please advise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_133741.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_133753.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_133800.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_133804.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230124_133705.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but, to get started, we'll need you to confirm the depth of your bottom balance fitting compared to the image below to confirm if you'll need the S380-11 or S385-11. Thank you. 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

My shoe depth appears to be about 1 1/8 (1.125"), definitely greater than one inch. I can't measure any better because i lost my caliper in the hurricane.
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. As long as the depth is over 1", I agree that the S385 would be the correct replacement. I will work on getting a price quote together for you but it may take some time since our inventory manager is out of the office this week. We will let you know as soon as more information is available. 

Profile picture of Casey

We are almost ready to send you an order link with your price quote but it looks like your stamp may actually start with 86, which is rather faded in your photo. The 86 is significant to confirm the correct replacements, so we would recommend sending us a photo of the stamp from the balance on the other side or an identical window in the house that is not as faded to confirm. 

we had 4 balances on the bench, seemingly mixed brands. I would say that there's a stylized 86 on the 2nd from the top in this photo.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230126_103420.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for confirming. We just sent over an order link and price quote for 18 balances. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.