need top sash guide/cam

A quick learner from Crawford, Colorado, USA says:
Greetings. Is there any hope you might have any sash guide anywhere near this size and shape?
Thanks,
Doug
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210721_111351.jpg
I also created a sketchup model of this part. I tried to be accurate with dimensions but I suspect that anything within an eighth or sixteenth on most of these dimensions would be close enough. Drew the model in white, but the real part is black, but I don't even care about the color at this point.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top sash guide.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. We don't currently carry a match for this top sash guide, but please give us a little more time to exhaust all of our research options and I will get back to you ASAP one way or the other. I'm not 100% sure we will be able to get this but we will try our best.

Thanks, Tom.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks again for waiting. I'm sorry to say that we couldn't find a match for this top sash guide. Your information was very thorough, but we just don't have anything that lines up. The only part that comes close is our 18-057 though it is obviously still very different and I cannot guarantee that it will work.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

So close in so many ways. Maybe I'll take a chance with it and see what shimming and shaving does. Thank you.
Just a final FYI to let you know how the 18-057 that we took a chance on worked out. (just in case someone else ever has a sash guide like mine and stumbles across this post.)

cosmetics: not beautiful, but not bad. I don't think anyone but my wife and I will ever notice that it's not the right part. Top face is just a tad smaller than the original and the overall guide sticks up about an 1/8" instead of laying flush. Thankfully we weren't concerned with the cosmetics. I just needed something that worked. Which brings me to...

functionality: dang near perfect. All of the critical dimensions for attachment and function were nearly identical to the original sash guide I was trying to replace. Works just fine.

Fed-Ex: should be put out of business, dismantled, and sold to the pony express, or to a herd of turtles. They were pretty much useless, delivering long after they promised and to the wrong address. I eventually found the package.

Service: EXCELLENT!! I'm guessing it takes a lot of time and energy to hunt down matching replacement parts for every customer with a strange window part. This kind of customer care is rare now a days, but you have won a solid customer in me if I ever need any more window parts. THANK YOU!!!

Overall: I'm very happy with my part and my experience with swisco.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's fantastic news! Thank you so much for the update, and for your kind words. I'll be sure to keep this top sash guide in mind next time we see this now that you've confirmed that it's functional.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.