new thermal gard shoes won't budge

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
We bought 12 Thermal Gard pivot shoes 15-070 after somebody on Swisco suggested it. We watched the video and we used the screwdriver like a shoe horn to slip the new shoes into place.
However once they're in the jamb the pivot shoes won't move up and down. It's too tight.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Keisha 5A.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Keisha 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named keisha 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named keisha 1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I'm actually surprised to hear this, we usually have pretty good luck with the 15-070 when it comes to replacing your shoe. I've been using it for years.

Your original shoe is unfortunately no longer made, and the 15-070 is the only product we have that has any chance of working. If that didn't do it, then we don't have anything else that does. I would check to make sure the shoe isn't in the locked position by mistake. Worst comes to worst, you may need to shave it down a little to fit, though keep in mind that it cannot be returned for a refund if it's altered in this way.

A quick learner from St. Louis says:
I had a window repair company replace the shoes and balancers on 7 thermal gard windows, and they had the exact same problem. He had a mix of shoes from his inventory and shoes he had to order, and the newly ordered ones (from the same manufacturer) were the ones that didn't fit. We discovered the newly manufactured shoes have a miniscule ridge on both sides that had to be grinded off to make the shoes slide in the track. I would say the newest batch of the shoes are defective, but you can make the work with some careful grinding/sanding.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.