no part numbers anywhere

A handy person from Parker, Colorado says:
I cannot find any part numbers on any part of the window, balance system, or any of these tiny plastic parts. The only thing I have are these pictures....they keep breaking off of my windows, the house was build in 1988. Its 15/16in long, 5/8in wide, and 1/2in deep. It looks like part "Product Code: 18-066"...but without one of the holes in it
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_094350.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_095313.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_095351.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_095355.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200607_095404.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Your top sash guide isn't made anymore, but the 18-066 is the part made to replace it. I feel confident this will work for you.

Hi Paul, Thank you for looking into that for me! I bought 4 of them a couple days ago from you guys. When they arrive I will see if they fit...I figure worst case is that I have to customize them a little bit to get them to fit. I will update. Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for your purchase. We would love to hear how they work out!

Hi Paul, I have another question for you. The parts arrived today, and unfortunately they did not all fit on my windows. I had one fit, and I can see the problem with the others. In the picture of the window below, there is a black strip of plastic or hardened rubber that runs all the way to the top of the window. If I cut that plastic below the height of the sash guide, the sash guide will fit. Do you happen to know what that piece of plastic/rubber is called that runs inside the window? One of my windows had part of this black piece missing at the top, so the sash guide fit perfectly and is doing the job. If i cut out the top inch of this black piece on the other windows, the sash guide will fit.

I am also curious, will new channel balances help make the windows smoother/easier to open? The windows are hard to open and close and it looks like the spring in the balance is rather rusted/old....I am not sure if these windows should require this much force to open or close, and if a new balance would help?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200612_082013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200612_082113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200612_082118.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200612_082124.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

The back vinyl inlay is there to cut down on the condensation of the sash. Cutting off a small piece to fit the 18-066 will not compromise the window function. 

As for the side load balance, General Aluminum Windows typically uses our Series 351. This has a 19-002 top fitting and 15-002 bottom fitting attached. As long as those match up then the Series 351 should work well for you.

Thank you so much Paul, I appreciate your help more than I can express. I bought my first house Feb 2019 and it has been a lot of work and a lot of learning so far! I ordered two Series 351 for the appropriate window weight and balance length, and a few more of the 18-006 sash guides. It's looking promising! I'll be sure to leave a good review!
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you so much! That's very kind of you. Good luck with your project and please let me know if I can be of any help in the future.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.