old awning window operator

A handy person from Islamorada, Florida says:
Need a new operator for this really old awning window.
Top to bottom mounting hole distance 5 1/4" bottom holes distance 1 1/2"
Operating lever 2 1/2 " center pivot holes.
2 pictures attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1144.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1143.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting. Have a look at our 39-350 operator. The mounting location seem to match up to yours, however, the link arm is not off set and uses a shoulder screw at the end to mount it to the linkage in the window. Give it a closer look and let me know your thoughts. 

A handy person from Islamorada, Florida says:
Sorry I took so long to get back. The operator you suggest looks like the dimensions will match, I may have to drill a new hole in the top as mine is off center while that one is centered. I assume right hand means the right side of the window rather than the position of the crank. So, I think I will order that one with a shoulder screw from the online order page.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. I would review our pictures again. The top hole of the 39-350 has the same side offset as your original. You can see it more clearly in the image below. You may not have to drill anything, hopefully!

Dimensions for 39-350
Dimensions for 39-350

Right and left are kind of a weird thing in this industry. Every manufacturer defines them in different ways; sometimes it's what side the crank is on, sometimes it's what side of the window it's on, sometimes it's from the outside looking in, and sometimes it's from the inside looking out. There's no industry standard. Don't worry about left or right, worry more about details like what side the arm and tab face, where the link arm rests, etc.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.