old house from 1945

A home owner from 78624 says:
i placed order
i ordered series 500 spiral balance.
Paul
Spiral balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi Paul. Thanks for contacting us. I would like to start off by saying, yes, you have ordered the correct parts for your old wood windows. Below is some generic directions to help you.

For your wood lower sashes, you will need our S500-29 spiral balances with a red tip along with our 17-012 balance brackets. These brackets hook on the balance spiral. To install these balances, you would drop them from the top on the side of the sash. Use our 33-016 screw to attach the balance tubes at the top. Now, raise the sash and have someone hold it up while you attach the 17-012 bottom bracket with the 33-016 screw while the U-shape opening corrals the spiral. With your finger bring up the spiral to the bracket and attach the 75-005 charging tool and turn the spiral clockwise three turns and hook it to the fork of the bracket. Repeat the other side and try the sash. If sash creeps down, raise and hold up the sash and give the balances another turn or two.

I hope you have found these instructions useful to you. Please get back to us if you should need any further help.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.