old sliding glass door rollers

A home owner from new hampshire says:
Hi, We recently purchased a house built somewhere in the 70/80's - not exactly sure. The sliding doors are hard to open and I'm going to try to fix by replacing the rollers first but I have no idea who manufactured the door - can't find any markings. Any chance you can help with these photos?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3810.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3808.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3807.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3805.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3804.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It's tough to be sure but your photos remind me of our 81-129 and 81-262 at first glance. I would recommend reviewing the specifications below to compare them to your roller assembly. If neither of them is an exact match, please get back to us with additional photos and written-out dimensions to research this further for you. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 81-129
Alternate image for 81-129

Alternate image for 81-262
Alternate image for 81-262

Thanks Casey!!

These have a solid top but the wheels on my doors have an open top that fits into a second piece that holds it in place (along with the screw). It's like a "U" shape. I'm not home now but I wonder if the second piece can be removed and one of the wheels you suggested would fit. Have you ever seen wheels with the "U" shaped top part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door Roller 1.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

With the top adapter removed from the patio door rail, you may be able to adapt one of the rollers we've related on this page to work for your application. They all measure 3/4" wide. As for the height of the housings, the 81-004 is 1-1/8", the 81-129 is 1-3/16", and the 81-278 is 1-3/8". Take a look and see which roller assembly would fit best based on the size of your door rail opening. 

Thanks Paul - I'll be able to take a closer look this weekend. I appreciate the help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We're happy to help! Just let us know if you have any other questions. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.