old window crank case, no name 4inch arm, not sure how to measure screws

A home owner from jupiter florida says:
there are three screw holes to hold the crank case--
top left and a little above right bottom.
there are 23 crank cases in the house and some
of the screw aren't holding. they appear to be
a 3/8 inch across. should i be using bigger screws to hold or somekind of self tightening if they make them.
screw attatching to arm is 1/2 inch across.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0683.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for writing in to us. If the operator is operating then maybe you should try a larger diameter screw. However it can't be too long or it will risk the potential of hitting the lower torque bar at the sill of the window. If a larger screw will not work, possibly use a type of Molly bolt. If you do need a replacement operator you will have to send us more photos along with the dimensions. Thank you.

i have one other photo i had trouble getting across
for a replacement crank case, which I need.
What are you looking for in photos. Also, how do I
measure crank case dimensions?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Let us see a photo showing the back of the operator. Let's see the arm of the operator. Give us some detailed measurements of the distance between screw holes, as well as, the length of the link arm.

the arm length is 4 inches. There are three screw holes.
Two at the bottom sit at right angles 1/1/2 inches
apart.
I have 3 new photos for you, i may have to send them
one at a transmission.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0683.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0685.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0686.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0687.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks close in design to our 39-061, by my eye. Review our hole spacing dimensions and let me know how they compare. Note that the link arm might be a different length than yours, but that won't matter too much. What's more important is the diameter of the hole at the end of the arm; in the case of the 39-061, the link arm hole is 1/4".

As long as the installation hole pattern and link arm hole size match then I think this would be a good option for you. See our 39-060 for the opposite side.

the diameter of the arm hole is fine. only two
of the screwholes seem to match. I don't know if
that is enough to hold nor could I measure exactly
how far apart they are on your info sheet or pix.
I would have the top and bottom left screws working.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If the top to bottom holes line up with the 5-1/4" spacing on our 39-060, then I think you'll be okay. The bottom holes being further apart isn't ideal, but it may not be the end of the world. You could theoretically drill a new hole to get it to install. If you're okay with doing that, then I think this part is worth considering.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.