operating mechanism of vinyl casement window ( arm operater?)

A quick learner from so. Burlington VT says:
need to find replacement for NAMI casement window part. Need new operator (toothed wheel inside mechanism) and arms for right hinged window
window numbers:
NAMI NFRC-100; code: H110280-1; spec NFRC; series: CLCASE; MST: 280-M-006.7.14.15
Thesea re casement windows 0031-01284065 VTCASE #31-F-1 UN:19 windows are 3/99 (I assume year installed or built); coded size: 55 1/2 x 53 1/2 L and 23 5/8 x 49 1/8
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window IMG_20190801_171845142.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If all you need is the operator, see our 39-187. This closely matches the part I see in your photo.

thanks for replying but actually 39-187 does not look like the picture I sent. Mine has two different overlapping "v"- shaped mechansims, and 39-187 has only one and the video description of installation does not match my rotar gear mechanism.
Can you make another suggestion??
thanks
Profile picture of Tom

I think you're confusing the hinge for the operator. The "V" shaped arms that are under your operator are an entirely separate part and not connected to the operator in any way. Did you need the hinge or the operator?

If you did need a hinge1, that's a little trickier. I can't get a great look at it while it's still installed, but it looks like it might be similar to our 36-048. Look it over and see what you think. I can make a more confident recommendation if I can see a picture of it out of the window. See the video below for more information on how this can be done.

Profile picture of Tom

We don't have a video on the 39-187 specifically, but the video below covers the basic principle of removal. I know the operator in the video is different, but don't worry about that, it's still the same process. You just disconnect the link arm from the stud bracket, then unscrew the base from the sill. After that, the should just come out. I believe you've already seen this video but I'll post it again just in case. 

As for the hinge, I think I understand the differences you named. It's just so hard to be sure what you have while it's still installed. I recommend browsing through our entire selection of replacement casement hinges, which you can see on this page
Thank you. Taking it out of the window would require me to get some help as it is a heavy window, so I can't do it now, but I do know mine does not have the locking mechanism (detach clip) as shown in the video, and mine has a separate smaller plate the hinge connects to, on top of the track base. 36-048 hinge 1 doesn't look like mine (also the video does not include the dyad crank???)
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.