operator arm

A contractor from Bristol ct says:

I believe I'm looking for the 39-188 handle for a window I have. Everything looks exactly the same except my arm is only 4 1/2 inches long. It looks like the arm on yours is 5 inches long. can you help with this? Is there another part number or will the 5 inch arm work for me? Thank you

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15B8B0E7-8E55-496F-8EA2-D8B0CC7F3D76.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in. I'm afraid we don't carry this sort of operator with the 4-1/2" link arm. You could either move over the sash bracket on the window sash or swap out the link arm on the 39-188 with the one from your operator. Then rivet it onto the new operator using the 62-014 rivet. Let us know what you think.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.