part identification

A home owner from Florida, USA says:
I live on the fifth floor. I took one spiral balance out to make sure I ordered the correct replacements.
What I want to know is what are these black 3/4 x 1/4 inch blocks on the window?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_9136.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_9137.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you kindly for your patience during this busy season. This part is called a face guide. I recommend you start by comparing the specifications of our 67-002 , 67-006 and 67-015 to your old face guide to see if one matches what you need. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at