part of casement window

A quick learner from westminster co says:

When we remove our casement windows completely and then put them back, the first step is to fit a plastic piece that swivels which is on the top and bottom of the window (on the hinge side) into a channel on the house. Then connect everything else. That plastic piece broke on one of my windows. I have no idea what it is called or how to get more of them.

Thanks for any help,

Marianne

PS: these are 35 year old weathershield windows. There are several I would like to replace, but I'm not clear if I can buy wooden weathershield anymore.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you need new hinges. Start by looking at our 36-048; see if this might be what you're looking for. If not, we will need pictures of your current hinge set. 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.