tilt parts for windows

A handy person from san francisco says:
These rusted out and the windows won't stay up. I also need the part that fits into the window as the screws rusted out.

User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It seems you're looking for a pivot shoe and a new pivot bar, which is the part that fits into the window. I won't be able to identify what you have based on these pictures, though. I need you to tell me what the thickness and width of the shoe is. You may want to remove it before you measure to ensure that you're as accurate as possible. I will also need to see a picture of your pivot bar removed from the window.
A handy person says:
Thanks for the response. I am not sure how to get the pivot shoe out of the channel. There is not gap along the channel big enough for me to take it out. Do you know how to get it out? The only two ways I can think of is to take the window apart, or breaking the channel to get it out, which I don't think is a good idea.

Thanks in advance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you may need jamb spreaders like our 75-069. See the video below for more information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)