patent 5353548

A handy person from Chicago says:
what are the part numbers needed to replace coil spring and complete housing both portions. Is it the same part number for left and right side of window?. On my windows the coil broke on both sides as well as housing.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220516_122723.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220516_122735.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220516_123213.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220516_132656.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220516_132701.jpg
A handy person from Chicago says:
Can I use a heavier duty coil spring than recommened due to my window being very heavy
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

It appears your hardware matches our 15-087 pivot shoe and 15-086 housing, which is designed to use the Series 180 coil springs. Compare our dimensions to your old parts to confirm they match up. These parts are also non-handed. We don't recommend using a heavier or stronger spring. We highly advise replacing your springs with ones that have the exact same weight rating. Stronger springs would actually make the window harder to close, not easier to open. 

Look for a number stamped on your pivot shoe or coil spring that will tell you what weight you'll need. If there aren't any numbers, you'll need to remove and weigh your window sash. Then, you'll divide the weight by the number of coils on both sides of the window to determine the correct strength option.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.