patio door replacement roller

A home owner from new york says:
I purchased the acorn replacement 81-03 rollers and they fit but my contractor says they were a touch larger than the originals. The door rolls but not as easily as I would like. we also bought the slider lubricant you sell and cleaned the tracks which look ok. I have other doors I want to fix and am wondering if the stainless 81-149 tandem might roll more smoothly. Your replacement handles worked except he had to put washer behind the catch piece to have it further away from the frame. Do you sell spacers that would work better? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I don't think the 81-149 will work because the adjustment screw is at the face side of the door frame. The Acorn 81-030 roller has the adjustment screw at the edge side of the door frame. 

Take a look at our 81-138 instead. It's a little smaller than the 81-030 but has a similar design. Ask your contractor if that could work better. 

Your doors could just be heavy, which would account for why they're hard to operate. As for the keeper not extending out far enough, it could be because the patio door stile and jamb are not plumb with each other. Have your contractor check to see if the door and frame line up with each other. There is no shim to speak of for the keeper. Washers would be the best to build it out, if there is no other solution.

SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.