patio slider door latch

A handy person from Bellevue, WA says:

Hi, the spring broke in my latch and I don't know if i can take it apart to replace it yet. I already ordered part 82-269 which had the proper dimensions (rounded ends etc) and although it does fit inside the frame opening piece.... 

BUT the slot/opening for the latch to connect does not align with my door hardware. I can't find any info on the doors or the part. Any thoughts welcome! I'm wondering if I need to be headed toward trying to find an entire handle apparatus that will fit in the 3 holes drilled in the door frame. They are about 1 inch 31/32 on center between center and either top/bottom as in photo 7042. White Vinyl style sliding Door is from 1994 construction era. Door insert where latch secures is white metal

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6940.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6994.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7041.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7042.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

I'd say our 82-218 looks like a better match for your lock but your key-way is different from ours. Can you show us some photos of your thumb lever? I just want to see if it would be compatible with our lock despite the key-way difference. 

Yes, here is the latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 96AA1126-690A-4983-9402-37327751117C.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks! Based on what I see here, our 82-218 should work fine with your handle's existing thumb lever. To return the 82-269 you ordered, you can see our return policy here

Hi Emily, thank you very much for your help, this looks much better fit and the dimensions look right as well. I ordered it so cross your fingers for me. What a wonderful service you provide helping all of us -with the pics/dimensions etc, great website functionality for doing so and its a very impressive thing to offer! i wish I had asked for help the first time around, I was so excited to see anything remotely similar I apparently didn't look far enough to find the right item!

Molly
Profile picture of Emily

You're very welcome, Molly! I'm happy to hear that we were able to be of assistance. Please let us know if you had any other questions for this project or any other. We're always here to help!

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.