pictures of balances and pivot shoe for identification

A home owner from USA says:
As arranged during today's telephone conversation, I am attaching
pictures of balances and pivot shoe that I need.

I need six (6) 22" long 9/16" wide balances, and four (4) 28" long 9/16"
wide balances. Also I need 10 pivot shoes - when I am measuring the
pivot shoes. I get dimensions: 2" long, 1" wide and a little bit less
than 9/16" deep. Original window manufacturer - Florida Extruders International.

Regards,

Slawek
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230306_114213 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230306_113153.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230306_113142.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230306_113130.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230306_113118.jpg
A home owner from USA says:
1) You say that I should order the s770 channel balance # (length) that matches the # stumped on my original balance. But the numbers stumped don't much the actual lengths of the balances when I measure them as instructed on Swisco website (end to end of metal channel balance). Number stumped are 21F and 27E, while actual lengths are 22" and 28". I am not sure if Swisco is aware of it, but please advise.

2) The two 15-179 pivot shoes you specified seem to bE OK - I just need to know what are dimensions of the opening into which the window sash pivot bar needs to be inserted. My pivot bars are 3/16" x 5/16" and the openings in the pivot shoe need to accommodate them.

Thank you

Slawek
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Slawek, thank you for posting! 

I agree that your balances resemble the Series 770 channel balance. Your balances most likely use an older rating system since the stamps do not directly match up. What we recommend doing is obtaining the weight of each window sash and comparing the weight to the strength chart on the corresponding length's product page to choose the correct stamp option.

For the pivot shoe, I recommend reviewing the dimensions of the 15-173 instead to see how it compares to your original. This pivot shoe cam can accept your 3/16" by 5/16" pivot bar. Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Dimensions for 15-173
Dimensions for 15-173

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.