pin piece

A home owner from greenwich ct says:
Not sure what this part is but it is like a 5 1/2 inch pin for a metal bi fold door
User submitted image of their closet hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe this is a bottom guide pin for a Float-A-Way bifold door. See our 21-033, this may be the match you want.
A quick learner from Connecticut says:
I ordered four of those pins, but they are not working. The cap on the bottom of my pins spins on the pin. The pins I ordered from Swisco do not spin.
I need them to spin on order to work.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I've actually never heard of a pin whose nylon cap is made to spin. I would figure that if they're loose enough to spin, they'd fall off the pin. Every bifold door part I know like yours is force fit. Can you go into more detail on why the cap on your pins need to spin? What function does that serve? I'm having trouble visualizing how that would help the door operate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)