plastic clip

A handy person from Boise, ID says:
Hello,

I'm looking for the small plastic piece that screws into the top of a vertical sliding window to keep the bottom half in the guides. The picture shows the two small holes where this plastic piece would fit. (one goes on each side)

The windows are Linford brand and I believe the model number is 050185. Unfortunately this is the only window of this kind that I have so cannot take a picture of another one to actually show the missing part.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell what you have without seeing the original part. I would start by looking at our 26-126. Does this look familiar? Compare the hole spacing to the holes on your window and see if they match.
A handy person from Boise, ID says:
Thanks Paul! This looks close to what i remember. Although, when measuring, the holes on my window are 23/32 or 3/4" apart rather than 21/32 like the 26-126 states. Any chance you have one that's slightly larger? Or do these tend to have enough play in them that you think 1/16" is "close enough"?

Thanks again for all your help
Cody
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I'm afraid don't have anything else with that exact size. You may have to drill a new hole in the sash in order to accommodate a new latch.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.