plastic take out clip

A quick learner from Estero Fla says:
I have a house built in 1978 with channel balances. The take out clips are plastic not metal. Due to age, the plastic became fragile and breaks when I tried to pull them out.

Do you know where I can get replacement take out clips that will fit.

Dave
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Dave, Start by looking at 18-023, Pan Am Take Out Clip. If this is not what you are looking for, please send detailed photos with a few measurements, we would be happy to research it.
A handy person from 33928 Estero Fla says:
Yes, the new pan am clips look identical to the existing old clips. I am trying to replace the broken clips but am uncertain as to how to insert the new clip. Is there a video?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We don't have a video but I don't believe it's too complicated. There should be two holes at the top of the window track. You would slide the top of the 16-023 in the top hole first and then snap in the bottom in the bottom hole.
A quick learner from Estero Fl says:
With pam am clips, you can not snap the clip into the key shaped slot. I had to use a flat head screw driver to force the clip into a track in the key.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.