plunger pin for Marvin screen

A home owner from Erie County, PA says:

I am looking for replacement plunger pins for the screens that came with our Marvin double hung windows. Can you direct me to the correct part? I'm thinking it may be 70-008. However since this isn't exactly like any of the ones I see online, I'm not sure where to measure.

Thank you so much.

Cyd

User photo of their Marvin window screen plunger pin.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Marvin windows tend to use a few different possible pins in their screens. Start by looking at our 70-008 as well as the 70-009. The pictures below illustrate what dimensions you'll need to compare to your old pin to see if either replacement is a match. The 70-008 has a pin diameter of 7/32", while the 70-009 has a pin that is 5/32" in diameter. Remove your pin from the window, compare the measurements, and let us know what you find. 

70-008

Alternate image for 70-008
Alternate image for 70-008

70-009:

Alternate image for 70-009
Alternate image for 70-009

A quick learner from South Bend IN says:
Do you have 2" plunger pins in a dark finish?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Both the 70-008 ad 70-009 are metal pins with black caps. I am afraid that currently do not offer these pins in another finish. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
I'm doing this same replacement of plungers today. At least I thought I was... Can't believe Marvin Integrity(?!) put clear plastic plungers instead of metal on their screens. It's now 10-years later and they are yellow and crumbling - and I'm wasting my day trying to fix this!

Marvin has an oddball size: 0.155" (5/32") head that is 3/8" long and a 0.118" (1/8") shaft. I just picked up some 7/32" heads, 0.125" shafts locally (the only size stocked) and while they didn't fit the screen frame hole, but did fit the window frame slot. So I drilled-out the screen frame to 1/4". Plunger and shaft fit. Went to install in the window and it won't "click" into the exterior frame channel. And I can't get enough of a grip on the screen to try and wiggle it in.

So there is enough difference between a 5/32 and 7/32 diameter to make it fit or not fit. The 70-009 part is the one with 5/32" plunger head.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.