plunger pins

A handy person from Aiken, SC says:
Can I replace my window screen knife hinges with plunger pin latches if I am making a new screen?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in. Yes, some customers have used plunger pins in place of knife latches. It will depend on the window frame in regards to whether or not it will accept the plunger pins. Let me know what you think.

A handy person from Aiken, SC says:
I think replacing the knife hinges with plunger pins is feasible. What size plunger pin would you recommend for a 5/16" X 3/4" frame - the 70-008 or the 70-009?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of help! I would recommend the smaller 70-009 pin. However, please take note you will need to drill a hole into the window frame to accept the head of the pin into the frame. Another thought could be to use the screen hanger set the 70-204 or the 70-004 along with the top hangers 70-056. This could be a better solution instead of drilling into your screen frame. See what you think.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)