putting sash back into place

A quick learner from California says:
Hi, I had to guess at what channel balance part number to purchase because ours were old and you no longer make them. I got the 385-33 and installed them: they look pretty identical to the old ones we took out, same length and width, top and shoe look identical. My question is: with the new channel balances installed, we cannot for the life of us fit the window sash back in place. We've spent hours on it. Is it possible something very minor is different about the balances and causing this? Is there something else we're missing?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It is possible that there may be a difference between your original balance and the replacements that you purchased. We would need to see photos of your original balance, including both end fittings, the pulley clip, and the stamp code. 

It would also be a good idea to check that the sash guides on the top two corners of the sash that hole the balances in place are not damaged. Thank you. 

A quick learner from California says:
we figured it out! thank you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.