question about handles for wooden screen doors

A quick learner from Plymouth says:

I have a new construction wooden screened in porch with two wooden doors 1" thick. Door jamb stops are 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" stock which I can cut/modify as needed for striker position. Looking to install Black Lever type handles for both sides of door. Do not want any deadbolt assembly on doors. Door number 1 is In-swing. So, a 40-028 In-swing door handle set, 1-3/4" should work. Is the included striker spring-loaded? Door number 2 is Out-swing. I did not see anything like the 40-028 but for an out-swing door. Out-swing 40-058 and 40-177 have deadbolts which I do not want. Is it possible to install inside handle lever 40-150 (out-swing) onto the 40-028 (in-swing) to convert it to and out-swing assembly? Looking for options. Thanks, Steve

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

For an in-swing door, the only option would be the 40-028 in-swing handle set. We also have the in-swing 40-006 closer bracket if you plan on installing a door closer like the 40-077

As for the out-swing door with lever, I believe you could use the 40-177 and simply not use the dead bolt. Take note that the idea of an inside handle being a "push" type, like this, is for easy exit. You would just press the handle and go. You could purchase the 40-150 separately to use as the inside handle instead, but I feel the inside push handle that comes with it would be better. 

Take a look at the parts listed along with related videos and let me know if you had any questions.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
How to Install a Door Closer with Drop-Pin Attachment [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
How to install the 40-077 storm door closer
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.