rear drawer guides

A home owner from Berkeley, California says:
Need to replace some rear drawer guides on dressers that were bought about 35 years ago. Guides were made of Teflon, and some finally became brittle and cracked. The design of your guide 32-031 seems to be the correct one, but some of the dimensions I measured on the intact ones vary just a small amount from your diagram. Since these are not exactly 'high precision' parts, I am assuming they would still work.

Here are the measurements I get with my guides, with your corresponding measurements of guide 32-031 in parentheses:

23/32 (3/4)
1 1/8 (1 5/32)
3/8 (5/16)
1 7/8 (1 3/4)
2 13/32 (2 1/2)

Measurements made by tape measure and not with a caliper device. Some dimensions clearly do not need to be so exact, of course.

Let me know if a material other than Teflon is available, although for the expected future lifetime of this furniture, I think Teflon would still work OK.

There are 12 drawers that need to be considered, although not all guides have broken.

Sorry for the less-than-optimal focus on photo. The new guides will be attached with wood screws and not with staples, as shown in the photo.

Thank you for your feedback.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN5447.JPG
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

Looking at the original design of your guide, it reminds me more of the 32-118, but the dimensions are slightly off as well as compared to the 32-031 above. Please review the dimensions below to see what you think! 

Detail of 32-118
Detail of 32-118

Profile view of 32-118
Profile view of 32-118

A home owner from FL says:
Do these come with screws?
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, 

These guides do not come with installation screws. We recommend using the originals or taking the part to a local hardware store to match up. Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

SWISCO 32-118 Back Bearing
SWISCO 32-118 Back Bearing
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.