reattaching the spiral metal rod that enables the window to stay up or close.

A handy person from Lakewood, N.J. says:
We have Patriot tilt windows. top window stationary. They are about 18 years old. We live in an adult community in Lakewood, N.J. and we all have the same windows.I have successfully replaced several pivot shoes but I find it very difficult to attach the metal twisted rod to the shoe with pliers. I was told there is a tool that will enable me to do the job easier.Do you have such a tool and what is the name of the tool. I also need about 30 plastic clips that hold the screens in place, as they are old and have become very brittle. I was told the clips are #P/N 70-123.
Thanks, Bill
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Hey Bill, the tool you're looking for is the 75-006 Spiral Balance Charging Tool.

For the screen clips, take a look at the 70-123 Patriot Screen Clip.

Also, be sure to check out our video on how to replace a tilt window spiral balance!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)