received part that doesn't quite fit

A from Sunnyvale CA. says:
I ordered Truth EG Keepers, which are 5/16" wide, but they are not the replacement I need. What I need is a keeper that is 7/16" wide, to fit the Truth window lock. I'm enclosing a picture showing the old keeper (dark) and the new one I received (white)

I'd appreciate if you can advise me as to the availability of the proper part.
Thanks,

Gene
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0660.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Gene. We may be able to get this keeper for you. Can you just tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center?

A home owner from CA says:
Hi Tom. the holds lood to be 2 1/16" on center, same as the keeper you sent. it is the width that is the problem...need 7/16" wide white keepers. I'd be thrilled if you can secure them for me.
Thanks
Gene
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you again for your patience while we looked into this. Please see our 90-279. This is a 7/16" thick keeper with a 2-1/16" hole spacing, which matches up with your specifications. It just doesn't match up to the design in your first photo, exactly. Do you think you could still get it to work?

A quick learner from CA says:
I'm going to order six of them...if not right, I'll send them back. They look like they will fit, but can't quite tell if they will look bad when installed. Thanks for finding these...hope they work.

Gene
Profile picture of Tom

Not a problem, Gene. I hope they work too, but if they don't then we can try looking into other options. 

Thank you, of course, for placing an order with us! Your patronage is important to us. Whether they work or not, please let us know.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.