removal of the old tilt latch

A quick learner says:
i have looked at the latch on my windows cannot see how to remove latch the only way i think to remove it is to take scre out of side frame and part frame and then remove latch is this correct (26-334)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To remove the 26-334 internal latch, you first slide a flat tool under the finger lever to detach it from the internal latch. The internal latch is screwed to the sash under the top cover. The top cover might be tricky to remove. Be careful not to damage your window when removing the cover. First, look for any screws that may be holding the cover down. If you cannot find any screws, the cover may pop off if you slide a flat tool between the cover and the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.