removing handle for jalousie window

A home owner says:
i have a jalousie window with a broken crank. The crank just spins, it doesn't catch. I see that i can purchase just a replacement handle and not the whole operator, but the existing handle has no screws. Any ideas on how to remove it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your crank just spins then odds are the gears are stripped, which means that you need a new operator after all. Just something to keep in mind.

We can help you with both, but we would need clear photos of both parts before we recommend anything. For the operator itself, we specifically need to see the entire mechanism without obstruction.

As for how to remove the handle, if there is no screw then it's possible your handle is pressure fit. That means the way to take it off is to just pull. Pressure fit handles have little springs on the inside that keep it in place. All it takes is a little elbow grease.

A home owner says:
Thanka for your reply, Tom. Does this photo help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 577558C1-4059-49BC-BB06-300870319FA3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Yes! That's a huge help. This looks very similar to our 39-165K jalousie operator. Note that this comes with an arm with "break off" points to allow you to adjust it to whatever length you need.

Another option is our 39-346. Instead of break off points, though, this just comes with three different preset arm lengths.

Lastly, we do sell a handle compatible with both of these operators by itself. That would be our 39-108.  want to stress though that there's a good chance you need a whole new operator, but if you just wanted to try out the handle then this is what I would suggest.

Look these two products over and see what you think!

A home owner says:
This is a big help! I just placed an order. Thank you very much, Tom!
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome, and we greatly appreciate your business! Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

39-165K Jalousie operator replacement kit
39-165K Jalousie operator replacement kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
39-346 Jalousie operator replacement kit
39-346 Jalousie operator replacement kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.