removing pella screen door latch

A quick learner from Florida says:
re pella screen door latch assembly
took off the pella logo and removed screw
there is not another method or entry way to remove the piece holding the lock...no other logos to pry and if i try to take off the wood paper cover on the latch holder it will ruin the cover.....how do i get the cover off?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The latch is only held on by that one screw. Once it's removed, you should be able to remove the cover. If it's stuck, use a flat putty knife to gently pop it out.
A quick learner from Ohio says:
Where is screw that needs to be removed to replace sliding screen door latch on Pella sliding screen door. Wooden insert with round Pella insignia located in handle covers screws providing access to latch mechanism. How do I get that panel off to take latch assembly apart?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The screw is located under the round Pella logo. I usually pop it off with a slotted screwdriver, or anything flat and stiff I happen to have on hand, such as the corner of a putty knife.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.