renaissance patio door

A quick learner from michigan says:
I need bottom roller unit for screen door. I looked for piece on your web site couldn't find one like it. Its all plastic 7/8 roller on one end on the other end there are 2 screws 1 bolts to the door the other attaches to a wedge that adjusts wheel. Wheel is 3/16 wide unit is 2" long
A customer submitted photo of a screen door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thanks for posting on our Discussion Board. Unfortunately, I don't believe we have an exact replacement for this roller. However, please see our 84-050 Pacesetter Patio Screen Roller. Do you think you can use this as a substitute?
A quick learner says:
It would work but it's to thick I need one 1/4 in.
A home owner from Fairport, NY says:
I have the same exact roller assembly that needs replacement. I am going to try the pacesetter as a replacement, because I have tried Home Depot, Lowes and anywhere else I can think of. No one has an identical replacement. Let's hope for the best!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. After extensive research, we have been unable to find an alternative solution. Our 84-050 appears to be the best match that we have. I cannot guarantee if it will work, but we do not have anything closer.

To the home owner from Fairport, NY: thank you for giving it a go! Please let us know if you are able to get it to work.
A quick learner from Eloy, AZ says:
I used the 84050 replacement part. It wasn't the exact replaement but worked well.
A handy person from Terence Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada says:
After searching the net, I came upon this conversation. I, too, have a Renaissance patio screen door that needs the same replacement roller wheel assembly as in the photo. I will order the 84-050 and try it as recommended.
-Gary W.
A quick learner from Terence Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada says:
I tried the 84-050, but the profile is too thick. I will keep the 2 of the 84-050 that I ordered and use the wheels in them if I need to in the future. To fix my screen door, I removed the old wheel from the broken roller, drilled holes in the screen door, and mounted the wheel with nut and bolt. It works very well now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.