replace the crank with one that folds

A home owner from usa says:
I have pella windows and would like to replace the cranks. I'd like to replace the entire crank with one that folds. Is that possible?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you might have the 39-109B Pella handle with a 3/8" spline opening. If so, we do not have a folding option with the same specifications but we do offer the 39-227B T-crank that would give you a lower overall profile. Take a look and see what you think. 

That could work. Is there a cover that works with this so the entire "unit" would be new? I'll order one to see how they fit.
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, Pella has discontinued the cover used with these operators and has not offered a replacement at this time. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  

Does the Tcrank handle work with existing covers?
Profile picture of Casey

It should engage with the cover the same way that your original handle does since it is made by the same manufacturer and has the same spline size. The only notable difference besides the style is that the T-crank uses a set screw to tighten it in place. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.