replacement 10" Series 385 Channel Balance options?

Home Owner from Ellensburg, WA
Jul 24, 2023 8:22 pm
Hello!

I'm nearly there, finding a replacement channel balance. My original (broken) has a stamp on it "2140" and I have looked at some other websites that indicate the stamp is for sashes that weigh 15-23 lbs. This is outside of the range of the maximum option 940 (11 to 12 lbs). I do not have a scale at the house, but it's a pretty heavy sash.

Do you think the 940 will work or have any advice? The channel balance I'm replacing is here (and I'm pretty sure it's correct):

https://www.swisco.com/10-Series-385/pd/Series-385-Channel-Balances/S385-10

Thanks!
IMG_20230724_171823036~2
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 25, 2023 2:29 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused. If your old balance is stamped 2140 then you would want to select the same stamp for your 22" balance. The only way to be sure is to weigh the window sash. I know you said you don't have a scale but that's the only way to confirm the proper strength option. I should also mention that the stamp on the balance doesn't help us ID what you have. In order to help, I will need to see clear photos of the top and bottom fittings. 

Home Owner from Ellensburg, WA
Jul 25, 2023 8:03 pm
Hello Emily and thank you for your reply!

I was an idiot and clicked on the wrong length of the channel balance (and so the stamp numbers did not match). I now understand that I need to select the correct length in order to see the correct stamp values (go figure).

I see the same value as on the old balance and will order two new sets - thank you very much for your patience!

Eric
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 26, 2023 8:01 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No worries at all, Eric! I'm always happy to help. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and good luck with the repair! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts