replacement acorn window lock

A home owner from chicago says:
I have windows in a condo that have the same looking lock. The tip on the bottom has broken off and no longer locks in place. I wanted to find a replacement and found these on line. The lock is the original lock that came with the windows 30 years ago. Will this replacement work if it looks similar and has the same "Acorn" noted on the front of the lock? Also, it is difficult to replace or does it just pop out? I can send a picture of the current lock if that would help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, pictures would be a huge help. I can't say for sure if our 90-139 will work or not. I would also like detailed dimensions as compare to the 90-139.
A home owner from Chicago says:
Tom Here is the pictures of the current lock on my window. notice that the piece on the bottom of the lock broke off. Would your piece be a replacement for this current lock. do I need to replace the acorn keeper as well. The piece in the window looks to be very similar to the acorn keeper on your website. I tried to respond on your website but it wouldn't let me. Danielle
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This picture is perfect, thank you. I agree, the 90-139 looks very similar to your own. Just double check to make sure the dimensions all match. That is very important. I also recommend you look at our 90-140 keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)