replacement awning operator for a big awning window installed in 1963

A home owner from Ann Arbor says:
Hello,

I have windows 44 inches wide and 31 inches tall. It swings open 14.5 inches on the present system. the track is about 3 feet wide, and the window is at 34 inches when closed. the arms are 16 inches each, and clip onto the track.

obviously, I may have to buy a new track if you don't have a similar shoe that clips onto a raised bar track.

What can you recommend that will approximate this?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that your original operator is no longer available. That said, take a look at the 38-389 awning operator kit. This could be a good replacement for your window. I can't guarantee it will work, but it may be the best modern option available. Your best bet would be to install the clips to the window first, and then attach the closer arm. You need to make sure you mount the base in such a way that the window closest properly. This may require you to adapt the sill.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.