replacement bottom pivot pin for bifold door availability

A home owner from Fairfax VA says:
I am looking for a bifold door bottom pivot, circa 1970, similar to your product code 21-048. The main difference is that the last 1/2 inch of the smooth section on mine is turned down to a diameter of 3/16 inch. The threaded section is 5/16 x 18. Do you have one that fits?

Thanks, Al
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi there, Al. Between 1967-1979, the 21-048 Leigh bi-fold threaded bi-fold door pivot pin was used. A thinner pin, our 21-062 bi-fold pin, was used for Leigh bi-fold doors between 1961-1967. Hopefully that clarifies any mix-up you may have had.

As for any pins measuring 3/16", there aren't any available in that size.
A quick learner says:
Paul,
The 3/16 dia section is only for the lower 1 inch of the assembly, and it fits into the receiver/ socket affixed to the floor. The 3/16 section is not visible in this photo because it is in the receiver. But It shows the general setup.

I live in a large subdivision. There are an estimated 1000 houses here in Northern Virginia that have 8 pairs of doors using the same pins. So a large quantity must have been manufactured.

Can you recommend any other sources.

Thanks, Al
pivot bar
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... do you think you can use our 21-035? That has a 3/16" X 1/2" turn down end. It's the only other thing that comes to mind, but it may do the trick.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
Thanks. I just ordered the 21-035, and a few other pieces that I think will be good spares as my 48 year old doors age.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.