replacement channel balance 2040

A landlord from upstate NY says:
I need to repair and replace a number of channel balances and pivot shoes in an apartment complex. Pictures 1 is the channel balance. It is stamped 2040, is 21 " long, 5/8" deep and 9/16" wide. The cord is broken but the balance on the other side seems intact and the bottom attachment is a type of hook.

There doesn't seem to be any part or device at the top that attaches the balance to the channel. It just seems to snap in and is held in place by a screw and bushing that is screwed into the aluminum window frame at the bottom of the balance, although the screw is not directly affixed to the balance.

The 2nd picture shows loose parts I found in a maintenance room. I assume they are for the complex's windows. The window I removed the balance from did not have any pivot shoes at all in either side of the frame.

There is a cut out slot at the base of the channel where I assume the pivot shoe is inserted? Photo 3. I am not really able to insert the pivot shoe into the channel through this slot. Could this be the wrong pivot shoe or perhaps I am not inserting the shoe correctly.

It seems the pivot shoe part is 15-105?

Can you help identify the channel balance part for me and advise me on how I can get the pivot shoe in the channel?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You are correct, the 15-105 pivot shoe looks like a great match. As for the nylon bushing, see our 67-004. The screw we use for this setup is our 33-022, which is #8 X 1/2", but yours could be a different length and size. You may want to double check.

Now, let's look at the balance itself. I believe it will need to be custom made. It's a somewhat older type. Can you tell me how many you need? Once we have that, we can send you a custom product that you can add to your cart with the other parts you're considering.

Finally, in regards to the cut out you mentioned, the cut out for the bottom sash is at the top of the window and the cut out for the top sash is at the bottom.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)