replacement cross bars

A quick learner from Apex NC says:
My crossbars are 24" and they have a clip that hooks into the frame as indicated on the attached photo. They do not screw into the frame as show in your video.
Would it be possible for me to drill a small hole and and screw them in the frame like your video.

My windows are MFR. Code: MW-1 Twinseal Single Hung

Thanks
Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB5F5D9D-F246-4A98-B319-2EE843F5C9D3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D0DA8CA7-291F-4BCD-A35A-A6B0FDB1C41A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5EB2A244-6315-445E-AB9A-19F107BC9385.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Joe. There's no need to drill a hole. Looking at your first photo, the hole where the balance hooks is square shaped. I'll go out on a limb and guess that it's 1/4" x 1/4". Is that accurate?

If so, you can pop our 26-200 screw plug right in there. That will allow you to use our screw-on type balances.

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.