replacement custom Series 795 channel balance help

A quick learner from VA says:
I am not proficient using digital devices and appreciate your patience.

I have double hung windows and many need parts replaced. Someone I spoke to earlier said to weigh the window. It weighs 14 lbs.

We built our house about 15 years ago if that helps.

I would so appreciate any assistance you can offer

Please confirm when you receive this. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0514.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0523.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0524.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. This looks like an S795-29 Channel Balance. The only difference is that ours attaches to the top of the jamb track with a screw clip, whereas yours seems to use a hook that would go into a hole in the wall. This isn't any problem--can you show us the hole in the jamb track where that clip attaches to? Depending on its shape, we'll have solutions for you. 

A home owner from VA says:
HI Bob Thanks for the speedy reply! I need to get my neighbor to check on this as I am unable to take the window out and get it back in by myself. He is helping me and may recall what it looked like. I have jury duty Monday so may not get a chance to get back with you until Wednesday the 23rd. I am very interested in finding out if these parts will work. That would be so great! Thank you, again. Deb
Profile picture of Bob

No worries, Deb. We'll be here. Thanks for replying. 

A home owner from VA says:
Hope photos help.
The square is roughly 1/4 inch square. The "ceiling" of the jamb track? is about 1 1/4 inch from the top of this small square opening

Also, you said the hook might go into a hole in the wall....
From here it looks and apparently feels like the hook "hangs" onto/over that small square hole in jamb and from that point sits loose, and may touch the wall, but does not go in to the wall.
This may be a moot or technical point that doesn't matter, but thought I should mention it. It is not easy to expand the view as can't get iPhone positioned closer and still have clear picture.

You sounded hopeful that there is a solution and hope that is still the case. Am anxious to place an order!

Thank you so much, Bob ??
Looking forward to your response.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Bob

Hi again! Good news: that square hole means you can use a screw plug like our 26-200. Plop that in the square hole, and then you can screw on the S795-29. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Profile picture of Bob

Hi again! Good news: that square hole means you can use a screw plug like our 26-200. Plop that in the square hole, and then you can screw on the S795-29. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.