replacement for shower door sweep

A home owner from Brookilne, MA says:
I need a tough vinyl or rubber sweep with a t-shape, no more than 1/2 inch wide to slide into the opening in the attached picture. the sweep itself, which seals the area between the bottom of the door and the frame, is about a quarter inch wide
door sweep
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have the vinyl by itself for this kind of sweep. You may want to consider a new sweep with a drip rail. I've made a list of our available lengths, which you can see on the right side of this page. They mount to the face of the shower door with screws.
A quick learner from Brookline says:
Would I put this on the front of the door and just leave the existing rail on the rear. So far as I can see there are no screws attaching the existing rail; it appears to be all of a piece with the bottom of the shower door.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hmm, that's odd. I believe you would need to remove the old rail. Check to see if there are any screws at the bottom holding it in. Otherwise, you may want to get a professional to help out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)