replacement for shower door sweep

A home owner from Brookilne, MA says:
I need a tough vinyl or rubber sweep with a t-shape, no more than 1/2 inch wide to slide into the opening in the attached picture. the sweep itself, which seals the area between the bottom of the door and the frame, is about a quarter inch wide
door sweep
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have the vinyl by itself for this kind of sweep. You may want to consider a new sweep with a drip rail. I've made a list of our available lengths, which you can see on the right side of this page. They mount to the face of the shower door with screws.
A quick learner from Brookline says:
Would I put this on the front of the door and just leave the existing rail on the rear. So far as I can see there are no screws attaching the existing rail; it appears to be all of a piece with the bottom of the shower door.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hmm, that's odd. I believe you would need to remove the old rail. Check to see if there are any screws at the bottom holding it in. Otherwise, you may want to get a professional to help out.
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.