replacement operators and handles

A quick learner from Alaska says:
Need replacement operators and handles for right and left hand opening windows. Crack handle pops off when trying to crank window closed. Current handles are stamped Windsor but window mounted hardware is stamped Truth. Arm is 9" long
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A5B14094-7959-40EC-872B-D4C86F80A70E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5EFCF632-CB60-4547-8F8D-F64C549597AE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 04AC961F-0DBF-4349-AFD6-9D4FDF769743.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I think you might have the 39-031 and 39-032 operators. Look over our dimensions to confirm, since i think we measure ours a little differently than you do. 

As for the handles, see our 39-205. We also sell the 39-107 cover, if you needed that, too.

Thanks! Will the 39-114L handle work with the 39-031 & 39-032 operators? I'd prefer to not have the folding handle (39-205).
Profile picture of Tom

Sure! The 39-114L will work perfectly well with this setup.

Hello, I ordered the 39-032 with a couple options on the handle and a cover. It all came in and I tried installing it. My old operator has a single roughly 9" arm. I've attached a photo of the 39-032 installed and the issue I have is what to do with the 2nd arm on it. It moves back and forth with the operation of the window but is really just in the way as there's nothing on the window to attach it to. Do you have a single arm operator that still uses the same 39-107 cover and 39-114L handle?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 39-032 Installed.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Joel. Based on your first batch of photos back on the 1st, your original operator also had two arms. I can see that link arm in your first photo, where it appears to snap onto a bracket on the sash. Is that same bracket still on the sash? Was it removed at some point? Or is this for a different window?

Yeah, the window I took photos of opens to the right and has the additional bracket. The window I'm currently trying to replace opens to the left and the bracket is missing. Looks like there used to be one there however. Do you sell the brackets as well?
Profile picture of Tom

If this window is the same as the original, but mirrored, then it should still all use the same hardware, just reversed. There definitely ought to be a bracket there.

The 39-032 is designed to work with a bracket like our 39-509, but there are other possibilities to. It's hard to tell from your first photo but it looks like the stud might be on the other side compared to the 39-509. With that in mind you should also consider our 39-517. Compare both to the original bracket and see which design is closer.

Thanks. This should allow me to determine what I need. I'll need to replace missing brackets on some of the windows and one of the 39-509, 39-510, 39-517 or 39-516 will get me what I need. Thanks for all the help!
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.