replacement part

A home owner from Syracuse says:
I have old metal bi fold doors in my house and they no longer stay completely shut, there slightly bow out. I was told I need a spring in the top track to create tension to keep the door closed. However the part that is in the doors now, appears to have no spring and is just a rubber bumper. I pulled one out of the top tracks and have attached pictures. What would be the best replacement piece to buy to keep my doors completely closed? Thank you for the help!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stopper 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stopper 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named stopper 3.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:


You can view our small selection of bumpers here but based on your description of the problem, I'm not sure that a new bumper would fix the underlying issue. I'm going to forward your inquiry over to our bifold door expert to see what additional information he might need to diagnose this for you. Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

For metal bi-fold doors, the rubber track bumper does play a part in keeping the doors closed. Your rubber bumper looks like our Slimfold 21-277 bumper. Do you know what brand door you have to help us confirm?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at