replacement part for acorn casement window operating handle

A home owner from palatine il says:
i need to replace this operating handle. can you help me?
thing that is connect to the handle (not sure what you call it) but it's broke off.

let me know. thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named acorn handle.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hmm...It sounds like you're speaking about the worm gear of the operator has come out with the handle. Once that happens, the original part can not be repaired. You will need to replace the complete set. Take a look and consider our 39-141 crank operator. Compare the measurements in our part to see if they should match up with yours. This operator can be used with the 39-114L crank handle. Look over both parts and let us know if you think we found your match. 

A home owner from palatine il says:
hi. i have purchased the 39-141
ready to install however, how do i fasten it it has 4 holes on the sides but it's not look like you can screw in ..what do i do?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! What I have used in this situation was to use the 33-205 Threaded insert nut. I would set it into the front recessed hole in the operator base and use a screw with a 10-24 thread. The screw would depend on the type and length you need for your particular window. You could also go to a local hardware store and purchase some "Acorn" nut or just a plain nut and screw to secure the operator.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.